pg 138 It was not until the month of September 1850 that the work was resumed, with an addition which made it seventy-seven feet long, having below a kitchen and cellar, with a room for the cooks, a bakery and an infirmary; and upstairs three bedrooms for the Priests, Brothers, and pupils, a common refectory, a pharmacy, and a cabinet for the infirmary. The departure of F. Baroux for France took place before this time. About the middle of December he left his savages of Pokagan whom he was not [to see] till nearly a year later. His collection was successful and contributed greatly to relieve the house from the embarrassment in which the fire of November had left it. F. Baroux devoted himself with zeal and earnestness to the work, and on his return in May 1851 he had the consolation of seeing all the shops springing up again which had been consumed by fire, forming an edifice of 190 fr. long by 24 wide, one and a half stories in height, no longer behind the college, but along-side the Grand Avenue, four hundred feet from the college. The expenses of this building were covered by the returns from several collections made for this purpose.