Mathias C. Lenihan Papers
Mathias C. Lenihan Papers
Origination : Lenihan, Mathias C.
Extent : 2 linear inches.
Repository : University of Notre Dame Archives
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Mathias C. Lenihan Papers (LEN),
University of Notre Dame Archives (UNDA), Notre Dame, IN 46556
Scope and Content
Three notebooks representing trips to Ireland, Palestine, and Rome; also several pamphlets.
Born 6 October 1854 in Dubuque, Mathias Clement Lenihan was ordained a priest 20 December 1879 and worked in the diocese of Dubuque until his election as first bishop of Great Falls in 1904. He served there until his retirement in 1930. He died in 1941.
Lenihan, Mathias C.
CLEN Mathias C. Lenihan: Manuscripts
PLEN Mathias C. Lenihan: Printed Material
- PLEN 1/01 Document : Memorial card for Patrick Joseph Cardinal Hayes 1938/0904
- PLEN 1/02 Document : Clipping re Edmund Burke from N.W. Catholic 1901/01
- PLEN 1/03 Document : Prayer Leaflet and Relic: Blessed Mardin de Porres, O.P.
- PLEN 1/04 Document : Instructions to Pastors of the Holy Name Society / by Rev. Charles H. McKenna, O.P.
- PLEN 1/05 Document : Proceedings of the First Biennial and Seventeenth State Convention of the Roman Catholic Mutual Protective Society of Iowa 1896/06
- PLEN 1/06 Document : Dubuque Archdiocesan Total Abstinence Union - Constitution and By-Laws 1902
- PLEN 1/07 Document : St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Student Fund Society - Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws - La Crosse, WI 1906
- PLEN 1/08 Title : Talking Points about Tuberculosis: Notes for a Series of Twelve Lectures / National Tuberculosis Association, NY 1920/07
- PLEN 1/09 Title : Some of the Causes of Modern Religious Skepticism: a Lecture Delivered in St. John's Church, St. Louis, on Sunday evening, Dec. 17th, 1882, by Right Rev. P.J. Ryan 1883
- PLEN 1/10 Title : Summer Tours to Europe in connection with the Sixth Annual American National Pilgrimage to Rome and Lourdes under the management and direction of Mr. and Mrs. Francis H. Throop 1899
- PLEN 1/11 Document : Pastoral Letter of the Archbishops and Bishops of the United States Assembled in Conference at the Catholic University of America 1919/09
- PLEN 1/12 Title : Emmanuel: Official Monthly of the Priests' Eucharistic League and the Apostolic Union 1899/01,03
- PLEN 1/13 Title : The Overland Route, Egypt, and the Wonders of the Nile: Descriptive Lecture of a Voyage from Southampton to Alexandria, Up the Nile, and Through the Suez Canal, prepared to accompany the series of dissolving views painted by Newton & Co., Opticians and Scientific Instrument Makers, by special appointment to Her Majesty the Queen . . . c1880
- PLEN 1/14 Title : A Morning at the National Gallery, London: Grand Art Exhibition and Entertainment given with success at Lyceum Theatre, New York, by Mr. H. Halsey-Stirling of London - Trinopticon Magic Lantern Show 1900
- PLEN 1/15 Title : Bolling Arthur Johnson's Illustrated Entertainments: Stories of the Old South and the New; The Passion Play of 1900; The Paris Fair of 1900 - Magic Lantern Shows. 1900
- PLEN 1/16 Document : Map of Great Falls, Montana