CPIC / MPIC Parish and Institutional Records Collection: Manuscripts and Microfilm
MPIC reel 52 Series : 36. KY Louisville - Mother of Good Counsel Church 1959-1960
- MPIC reel 50 Folder : Historical Notes 1939
Notes compiled by Rev. J.A. Lyons for use in his book, "The Centenary of the Foundation of the Parish of Our Lady." Contains biographical and historical sketches, notes from church records, letters, newspaper clippings, etc.
- MPIC reel 48 Folder : Account Book 1875-1881
Daily record of revenues and expenditures.
- CPIC 3/06 Folder : Finances 1939
A bank account book and several old checks.
- MPIC reel 49 Folder : Records of the Committee of Trustees 1839-1863
Record of events, minutes of meetings, contracts, etc.
- MPIC reel 51 Series : 35. KY Louisville - Holy Name Church 1926-1928
- MPIC reel 51 Folder : Announcement Book 1926-1928
CPIC 4-6/ Series : 37. KY Louisville - Sacred Heart Church 1873-1971
- MPIC reel 52 Folder : Weekly Bulletin 1959-1960
Includes jokes, hymns, and a short devotional by the pastor.
CPIC 7/01-09 Series : 38. KY Louisville - Society of St. Vincent DePaul, Sacred Heart Parish Conference (Louisville, KY) 1876-1926
- CPIC 6/20 Folder : Historical Accounts 1885-1957
Eyewitness accounts of the 1890 tornado and a 1905 streetcar accident, and a historical sketch of the church by Frank Clark.
- CPIC 6/16 Folder : Church Census 1904
One book containing name, address, age, and nationality of all church members.
- CPIC 4-6/ Folder : Weekly Announcements 1873-1971
Contains most announcements from 1873 to 1934; intermittent announcements for 1954-1971; none for 1935-1953. Special subjects include Committee and society meetings, lists of candidates for first communion, All Souls Day lists, and announcements concerning the closing of the church. Consists of 8 books and approximately 9" of loose papers. Announcement books from 1873 to 1888 are also on reel 53.
- CPIC 6/17 Folder : Letters to the Pastor 1882-1933
Several letters from the Bishop of Louisville, as well as letters from parishioners and other clergy, concerning offerings and collections; invitations to commemorations, conferences, fund-raisers, etc.; and miscellaneous subjects.
- CPIC 6/18 Folder : Letters from the Pastor 1882-1959
A few letters to the Archbishop of Louisville; two circulars to the parishioners; and one letter to Prof. Walden Waldi defending Archbishop William McCloskey of Louisville against removal.
- CPIC 6/19 Folder : Letters pertaining to Sacred Heart Church 1890-1971
A few letters from Archbishop McCloskey to Bishops at Chicago and Detroit concerning collections for Sacred Heart following a tornado. Also, other letters concerning fund-raising and the closing of the church.
- CPIC 6/21 Folder : Notes on the Life of Rev. Terence J. Disney 1891
Brief, anonymous notes on the founding of Sacred Heart church and the life of Rev. Disney.
- CPIC 6/22 Folder : Legal Documents 1939-1958
A baptism certificate, interior decorating contract, and official statement re the repair of a statue of the Blessed Mother, 1957.
- CPIC 4/01 Folder : Financial Records 1873-1944
Includes annual reports, 1881-1890, 1921; records of the Debt-Paying Association, 1902-1905; monthly collection reports, 1907-1910; subscription lists, receipts, & a 1944 building appraisal.
- CPIC 6/23 Folder : Constitution & Bylaws of Society of Total Abstinence Cadets 1875
A small pamphlet.
- CPIC 4/07 Folder : Minutes of the Society of Total Abstinence Cadets 1874-1876
Found at beginning of the Sacred Heart Church Announcements volume for 1888-1893. Includes list of members, list of absentees, due payments, procurement of uniforms, speeches by Rev. Terence Disney, procurement of books, special events (parades, holidays, and the like), etc.
MPIC reels 54-55 Series : 39. KY Louisville - St. Augustine's Church 1882-1943
- CPIC 7/01 Folder : Membership Roll 1895-1898
Record of attendance at weekly meetings.
- CPIC 7/02 Folder : Letters to the Society 1890-1926
Includes two "thank you" letters from the Sisters of the Good Shepherd and a few letters from the Secretary of the Society of St. Vincent DePaul in Louisville about upcoming events.
- CPIC 7/03-09 Folder : Minutes of Weekly Meetings 1876-1922
Subjects include itemizations of food, clothing, and money donations; persons in need of help; reports of charitable visits; discussions of individual cases; resignations and elections of officers; tallies of weekly donations and expenditures, etc. Minutes for 1876-1880 are at 11/01-02. Minutes for 29 Aug 1915 - 1 Jan 1922 are missing.
MPIC reel 56 Series : 40. KY Louisville - St. Boniface's Church 1912
- MPIC reel 54 Folder : Scrapbook 1882-1919
A collection of miscellaneous items including advertisements for various lectures, concerts, church fairs, missions, and entertainments; newspaper clippings; church programs; catalogues for St. Augustine's School, monthly collection records, etc.
- MPIC reel 55, odometer 00+ Folder : Journal of St. Augustine's Band and Spalding Club 1919-1926
Daily revenues and expenditures, receipts, minutes, etc.
- MPIC reel 55, odometer 29+ Folder : Announcement Books 1917-1943
1917-1928 starts at 55.029+, 1934-1943 at 55.141+.
CPIC 8/01 Series : 41. KY Louisville - St. Brigid's Church 1935-1957
- MPIC reel 56 Folder : Booklet commemorating the Golden Jubilee 1912
Contains pictures and a history of the parish. In German.
CPIC 17/02 & MPIC reel 58 Series : 42. KY Louisville - St. John's Cemetery 1839-1900
- CPIC 8/01 Folder : Letters to Rev. Richard Maloney 1935-1957
Letters from clergy, bishops, and the Archbishop of St. Louis. Subject include collection to help the South Dakota diocese, mass intentions, vacations, Maloney's Golden Jubilee, personal letters, etc.
MPIC reel 57 Series : 43. KY Louisville - St. John's Church 1855-1963?
- CPIC 17/02 Folder : Death Register (transcript) 1839-1900
Arranged in alphabetical order in one large volume.
- CPIC reel 61 Folder : Death Register (transcript) 1839-1900
Arranged in alphabetical order in one large volume.
- MPIC reel 58 Folder : Death Register 1850-1864
CPIC 8/02 Series : 44. KY Louisville - St. Louis Cemetery c1910
- MPIC reel 57 Folder : Baptismal Register 1855-1963?
CPIC 17/01 Series : 45. KY Louisville - St. Louis Church 1837-1843
- CPIC 8/02 Folder : Cemetery Records c1910
One mss. volume containing a layout of the grounds and persons buried there.
MPIC reel 47 Series : 46. KY Louisville - St Michael's (Cedar Grove) Academy 1842-1919
- CPIC 17/01 Folder : Minutes of the Committee of Management 1837-1843
One book and approximately 10 pages of minutes of the weekly meetings. Subjects include financial matters, building maintenance, property acquisitions, appointment of officers, insurance, etc. Also found at 59.000+.
CPIC 8/03 Series : 47. KY Louisville - St. Patrick's Church 1902-1907
- MPIC reel 47 Folder : Historical Annals (transcript) 1842-1919
A chronological record of events at the academy.
MPIC reels 62-65 Series : 48. KY Louisville - St. Peter's Church 1859-1955
- CPIC 8/03 Folder : Census Statistics 1902-1907
In Latin. Lists total number of parishioners for these years.
MPIC reel 66 Series : 49. KY Louisville - St. Xavier's College *1854-1885
- MPIC reels 62,63 Folder : Monthly Expenses 1859-1955
Monthly summary of revenues and expenditures. 1859-77 starts at 62.000+, 1912-28 at 63.066+, 1942-55 at063.106+
- MPIC reel 63, odometer 5+ Folder : Minutes of Meetings of the Board of Trustees 1876-1906
Includes annual financial summaries. In Latin.
- MPIC reel 63, odometer 32+ Folder : Priest's Account Book 1894-1903
Record of revenues and expenditures by month.
- MPIC reels 63-64 Folder : Pew Rent Account Book 1895-1945
Record of pew rent payments. 1895-97 starts at 63.000+, 1909-21 at 64.000+, 1940-43 at 64.083, and 1940-45 at 64.129+.
- MPIC reel 64, odometer 124+ Folder : Insurance Records 1899-1909
Record of insurance payments for various personnel and items.
- MPIC reel 65 Folder : Miscellaneous Financial Records 1894-1903
Includes lists of creditors, monthly summaries of revenues and expenditures, daily accounts, clergy financial records, annual financial summaries, etc.
CPIC 8/04-05 Series : 50. KY Louisville - Western Cemetery 1834-1961
- MPIC reel 66, odometer 00+ Folder : Letters from Rev. Martin Spalding to Xaverian Brothers 1860-1871
Includes personal letters & letters about various church matters.
- MPIC reel 66, odometer 12+ Folder : "Louisville Log" 1866-1885
An mss. chronicle of everyday events at the college summarized by month. The author is unknown.
- MPIC reel 66, odometer 42+ Folder : History *1854-1878*
History of the Xaverian movement in Louisville from 1854 to 1878. Includes personal recollections of St. Xavier's College, 1864-73.
CPIC 11/19 Series : 51. KY Louisville - Unidentified Cemetery Records 1923-1927
- CPIC 8/04 Folder : Deed 1834
Transcript of the original cemetery deed from the city of Louisville to Bishop Benedict Flaget, contained in a letter to Rev. Charles Maloney.
- CPIC 8/05 Folder : Articles 1912-1961
Various Louisville articles concerning the demise of the cemetery and the establishment of a new park on the site. Includes a map of the original cemetery.
CPIC 11/03 Series : 52. KY Morganfield - Sacred Heart or St Ambrose Church 1824-1835
- CPIC 11/19 Folder : Death Register 1923-1927
Record of deaths at an unspecified Catholic cemetery.
MPIC reel 67 Series : 53. KY Nazareth - Nazareth Academy 1835-1955
- CPIC 11/03 Folder : Parish Records 1824-1835
One volume containing records of the church, including church roll, financial details, pew rent accounts, etc.
MPIC reels 68-70 Series : 54. KY New Haven - St. Catherine's Church 1843-1909
- MPIC reel 67, odometer 00+ Folder : Baptismal Register (transcript) 1835-1936
Also includes records of baptisms at St. Gregory Church (Samuels KY) & St Vincent Church (Nazareth KY). Interspersed with a few marriage notices.
- MPIC reel 67, odometer 12+ Folder : Confirmation Register (transcript) 1838-1955
Also includes records of confirmations at St. Gregory Church (Samuels KY) & St Vincent Church (Nazareth KY).
MPIC reel 71 Series : 55. KY New Hope - St. Vincent DePaul Church 1847-1960
- MPIC reel 68 Folder : Pew Rent Accounts 1845-1854
List of members and amount paid for the building of the church.
- MPIC reels 69-70 Folder : Miscellaneous Records (transcript) 1843-1909
Baptismal, marriage, death and confirmation registers, with a table of contents at the beginning.
MPIC reel 72 Series : 56. KY Okolona - St. Rita's Church 1935-1937
- MPIC reel 71, odometer 00+ Folder : Baptismal Register (transcript) 1847-1911
- MPIC reel 71, odometer 19 Folder : Miscellaneous Items (transcript) 1847,1873
Contains marriage announcements for 1847-1848, roster of the Society of the Scapular, 1848, and list of confirmations in 1873.
- MPIC reel 71, odometer 19+ Folder : Parish History 1960
"Highlights of the History of the Parish of St. Vincent DePaul, New Hope, KY." By John Lyons.
CPIC 8/06-11 Series : 57. KY Owensboro - St. Stephen's Church 1887-1935
- MPIC reel 72 Folder : Announcement Book 1935-1937
CPIC 8/12 Series : 58. KY Paducah - St. Francis de Sales Church 1894
- CPIC 8/08 Folder : Letters to Rev. Richard L. Maloney 1887-1931
Letters from clergy, friends, parents, parishioners, and the Bishop of Louisville. Subjects include Church collections, permission for vacations and purchases, orphans, missions, finances, marriages, personal matters, etc.
- CPIC 8/09 Folder : Letter to J.A. Wood from Chaplain Charles O'Donnell CSC 1918
Concerns the death of Wood's son in WWI.
- CPIC 8/10 Folder : Unidentified Letters 1887,1928
Four letters found among records of St. Stephen's Church. One concerns a visiting pastor, three concern the Presidential Election of 1928.
- CPIC 8/06-07 Folder : Business and Financial Records 1915-1935
Letters, receipts, proposals, and contracts for work on church buildings, and records for St. Stephen's bank notes at First National Bank in Louisville.
- CPIC 8/11 Folder : Records of the Clerical Aid Society 1934
Constitution, by-laws, and a letter to the Bishop of Louisville.
CPIC 11/04-12 & MPIC reels 73-74 Series : 59. KY Pewee Valley / Rollington - St. Aloysius Church 1876-1933
- CPIC 8/12 Folder : Newspaper Article concerning the Silver Jubilee 1894
CPIC 8/13 Series : 60. KY Princeton - St. Paul's Church 1879
- CPIC 11/10 Folder : Minutes of Meetings 1911
Minutes of meetings of parishioners and the Executive Committee.
- CPIC 11/11 Folder : Latin Documents 1900,1912
Official church certificates pertaining to Rev. Edward Boes.
- CPIC 11/06 Folder : Census Records 1879, nd
Names and addresses of parishioners. Also contains census of Catholic missions in Lagrange and Bagdad, KY, 1879.
- MPIC reel 74, odometer 00+ Folder : Announcement Book 1904-1920
Brief handwritten announcements for mass at St. Aloysius and surrounding missions. 1916-20 starts at 74.000+, 1912-16 at 74.031+, 1909-12 at 74.072+, and 1904-09 at 74.095+.
- CPIC 11/07 Folder : Letters to Rev. Edward L. Boes 1902-1924
Letters from parishioners, friends, other clergy, and the Bishop of Louisville. Subjects include visits to patients at Central State Hospital in Lakeland, money to procure masses for the deceased, church policy, collections, etc.
- CPIC 11/08 Folder : Letters from Rev. Edward L. Boes 1905-1927
Letters to parishioners, friends, other clergy and the Bishop of Louisville. Subjects include collections, marriages, answering charges to the bishop from a parishioner, etc.
- CPIC 11/09 Folder : Business Correspondence 1913-1929
Bids, receipts, contracts, proposals, etc. for work on the church buildings as well a tax statement from Rev. Edward Boes for the year 1919.
- CPIC 11/12 Folder : Miscellaneous Records 1917-1918
List of parishioners serving in WWI & notices for church picnics.
- CPIC 11/04 Folder : Financial Reports 1887,1923
A yearly summary of revenues and expenditures for the year 1886, and incomplete records for a few years preceding 1923.
- MPIC reel 73 Folder : Account Books 1876-1933
Several books regarding various financial subjects, including daily revenues and expenditures, Sunday collections, receipts, pew rent accounts, subscriptions for painting the church, finances at surrounding missions, Rev. Edward L. Boes's account book, etc.
- CPIC 11/05 Folder : Collection Records 1911-1932
Subscription lists and Christmas collections, giving name and amount donated.
- MPIC reel 74, odometer 114+ Folder : Apostleship of Prayer [Membership] Book 1909
MPIC reel 78 Series : 61. KY Shelbyville - Church of the Annunciation 1903
- CPIC 8/13 Folder : Census Report 1879
List of Catholic families in Princeton KY, Dycusburg KY, Crittenden County, St. Charles Mines, & Owensboro Junction KY.